Monday, July 13, 2009

Annie DeVane-The Intro

INTRO
Hello all,
I'm a designer and sketchy blogger who obsessively doodles, sketches, and cross-hatches. My blog is http://chunkstyle.blogspot.com/ and I've had it for over 4 years now.
I'm super interested in designing for mobile devices, but also am still loving the world of web design and traditional media (tv, radio, books). Things like Netflix streaming content are rocking my world right now. Good stuff.
With this class, I want to continue my quest to gain a holistic view of the media system and find meaningful ways to contribute to it.
CURRENT CONVERGENCE I THINK IS AWESOME
I've already mentioned it, but the Netflix streaming content is one of the best innovations to hit on-demand media since it began with cable and the TiVo. It does away with not only commercials, but also waiting for the hard-copy in the mail and location boundaries. I can be on my front porch with my laptop, watching high-quality streaming movies and television shows without any hard-copy or subscription limitations (I subscribe at a level that allows unlimited). I barely watch dvds anymore, but I still love tv for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment